The bridge between Sibelius (including Ultimate), and Virtual Drumline 2.5 (v2.5.5).
Developed by Hugh Smith
This template provides you with the tools you need to make use of the powerful percussion sample library Virtual Drumline within all versions of Sibelius from 5.2 and up (including Ultimate). From the detailed mapping diagrams to the useful input variables, you’ll be able to quickly get into the driver’s seat so you can start writing your next percussion masterpiece.
Be sure to read the Specifications and Requirements sections below for specific details regarding this template. For an overview of what all our Sibelius templates have to offer, please read Sibelius Templates: Overview or watch the Sibelius Templates Overview video.
VDL Template 7.0a is merge-compatible with these TWS templates:
Want it all? Automatically receive special bundle pricing with our Sibelius Bundle Builder!
View online: Sibelius VDL Readme
Note: instructions pointing to Sibelius 7 are also applicable to 7.5/2018/2019/2020 (and higher).
Package contents (Sib_VDL_Template_7.0a.zip – 10.9 MB):
- VDL_Template_7.0a_(Sib7).sib – Sibelius file with all VDL Template 7.0a instrument definitions – opens in Sibelius 7+.
- VDL_Template_7.0a_(Sib6).sib – Sibelius file with all VDL Template 7.0a instrument definitions – opens in Sibelius 6.
- VDL_Template_7.0a_(Sib5).sib – Sibelius file with all VDL Template 7.0a instrument definitions – opens in Sibelius 5.
- VDL_Readme_7.0a.pdf – Installation and setup instructions, how to read the Maps file, and more.
- VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml – Sound set file that Sibelius uses to trigger correct VDL sounds in Kontakt Player.
- VDL_Maps_7.0a.pdf – Dictionary charts, mapping diagrams and input maps that show how all the VDL instruments are defined.
- VDL_TriggerTest_7.0a/ – Folder with VDL TriggerTest 7.0a files that open in Sibelius 5/6/7/7.5/2018+.
- SINGLE-USER_License.txt – A copy of the license agreement.
This template requires that you have the following items already installed:
Notation Software: Any version of Sibelius from 5.2 onwards (including Ultimate)
Sample Library: Full version of Virtual Drumline 2.5 (library version 2.5.5 is supported **)
Your computer system spec requirements are dependent on what is needed by the software items above. Consult the documentation that is provided with them for details.
This template falls under our SINGLE-USER License.
** VDL library version 2.5.5 is REQUIRED in order to make use of all of the instruments defined in this template.