The bridge between Finale 2009 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.
Developed by Ted Boliske
This template provides you with the tools needed to make use of the powerful percussion sample library Virtual Drumline within the notation software Finale 2009. From detailed mapping diagrams, text expression library, etc. you’ll quickly get into the driver’s seat so you can start writing your next percussion masterpiece.
Be sure to read the Specifications and Requirements sections below for specific details regarding this template. For a more complete overview, please read Finale Templates: Overview.
Feel free to download this template’s Readme file:
Finale VDL Readme 2009 (148.97 KB)
This template is compatible with Finale 2009 only. Later versions of Finale include an enhanced percussion mapping system not compatible with the 2009 templates. Note that enhancements and changes to newer versions of Finale may not be available with the template.
Finale / VDL users may find our free VDL Keymaps quite useful when using this template.
Package contents (Fin_VDL_Template _2009.zip – 0.5 MB):
- FIN09_templates_v1_batterybottom/ – Folder containing indoor and outdoor templates with battery on bottom.
- FIN09_templates_v2_batterytop/ – Folder containing indoor and outdoor templates with battery on top.
- Finale Percussion Map Library/ – Folder containing VDL percussion map library file.
- FIN09_template_READ ME.pdf – Usage instructions, Expressions, and more.
- SINGLE-USER_License.txt – A copy of the license agreement.
This template requires that you have the following items already installed:
Notation Software: Finale 2009 (only)
Sample Library: Full version of Virtual Drumline 2.5 (library version 2.5.1 is supported)
Your computer system spec requirements are dependent on what is needed by the software items above. Consult the documentation that is provided with them for details.